Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings By Maya Angelou

Summary:
In chapter 36 the last chapter of "I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings," Maya Angelou explains how a 16 year old girl, Marguerite is afraid of disgracing her family and how her family would take the thought of her being pregnant. Marguerite was scared of the outcomes, if her parents, especially her mother would tell her to get an abortion. Finally after a while she came up with the courage to leave them a note and told them about her pregnancy.Surprisingly, her parents had accepted the fact that she was pregnant and further along. After she gave birth, Marguerite had been afraid to even look at her child. Her mother stood by her side and gave her confidence and the strength to not always be afraid, or to always stress herself about doing the right thing.

Response:
If i was in Marguerite's position I would be terribly afraid, even at age 20 I'm still scared of pregnancy, even the thought of it. I know if it does come to the case my parents would stick by my side through whatever, but its the thought of bringing disgrace to the family. Marguerite has had it tough ever since she was a child and I say she's pretty strong to keep strong and keep going. At age 16 being pregnant and not having the baby's father or anyone by her side is hard. I wouldn't be able to be the person she is because of how emotionally weak I am. I give her and all the teen mother who actually pulls through with the pregnancy props, even all the single parents. Everyone deserves a chance in life and life shouldn't be harmed because of an action that was caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment